FLSA status: Non-exempt
Shift: Available as required
Job Title: Welder II
Welds metal components together with brazing and variety of arc and gas welding equipment to fabricate or repair products such as machine parts, and plant equipment, by performing the following duties under the Supervision of the Shop Floor Supervisor and or area leader.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Welds metal fixture parts together utilizing blue prints as guide, using both gas welding or brazing and any combination of arc welding processes.
- Positions and clamps together components of fabricated metal products preparatory to welding.
- Performs related tasks such as thermal cutting and grinding.
- Ability to fixture standard products with assistance of area leader.
- Use of hand cutting torches and grinding tools.
- Ability to build jigs and fixtures necessary to fabricate parts.
- Logs in and out of jobs using proper procedures.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments
- Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions
- Follows policies and procedures.
- Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions;
- Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity
- Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
EDUCATIONAL & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Pre-employment physical
- Pre-employment Drug screen
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to pass weld tests in accordance with Superior Fabrication company LLC and customer requirements.
- Use of mathematics, simple use of charts, tables, blue prints and specifications.
- Use of judgement to plan, perform and make decisions as to the setting up of welding processes within the limits of standard methods or procedures.
EQUIPMENT & MACHINE SKILLS:
- Knowledge of Vantage Manufacturing software knowledge a plus
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus
- Frequently required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, twist, turn and stoop, kneel, and crouch.
WORKING CONDITIONS (ENVIRONMENTAL/SAFETY):
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to extreme heat (non-weather).
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Exposure to process chemicals and plant environment. (Ref. MSDS and Safety Manual)
- Hair Follicle Drug screen.
- Pre-placement physical.
- Pre-placement background check.
- Skills shown under “Educational and Knowledge Requirements”