Job Title: Quality Control Technician
Reports to the Quality Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist production employees with part inspection with hand gages and visual inspection
- Monitor conformance of production processes with Quality System procedures
- Calibration of production personnel personal tools
- Perform NDT inspection, collection input and evaluate data
- Evaluate and identify non-conforming product and input information into computer system
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform operations according to quality standards
- Ensure work area and equipment are maintained in a clean, safe and orderly condition
- Ensure that prescribed safety measures are followed and that company policies and procedures are adhered to
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED
- NDT Level II
- NDT Level III Preferred
- VT, MT, PT
- UT Preferred
- Computer literate
- Must be able to pass near-vision and Tshihara’s color vision examination
- Must be able to read and interpret blue prints and specifications
- Must be able to use hand measurement equipment, Such as: calipers micrometers and dial indicators
- Basic understanding how to use the portable CMM
- Basic understanding of how to do a weld inspection
- Basic understanding of how to use Vantage, Excel and Word
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Distance vision.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.
WORKING CONDITIONS (ENVIRONMENTAL/SAFETY):
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to extreme heat (non-weather).
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Exposure to process chemicals and plant environment. (Ref. SDS and Safety Manual)
- Drug/Alcohol screen
- Pre-placement physical
- Pre-placement background check
- Skills shown under “Qualifications”