FLSA status: Non-exempt
Shift: Available as required
Job Title: Machinist II
Sets up and operates one to two metal fabricating machine such as a CNC Vertical Milling Center, Lathe, or large CNC Boring Mill to cut, mill and drill performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reads and interprets some blueprints, engineering specifications and/or shop orders to determine machine setup, production method and sequence of operation
- Sets up machines with minimal assistance from a work leader.
- Selects, positions, and secures dies, blades, cutters, and fixtures onto machine for standard production parts.
- Positions and clamps stops, guides, and turntables for standard production parts.
- Adjust controls to set and regulate machining factors such as pressure and depth of ram stroke, adjustment rolls, blade angle, and machine speed for standard production parts.
- Locates and marks bending or cutting lines and reference points on work piece for standard production parts.
- Positions work piece against stops and guides or aligns layout marks with dies or cutting blades.
- Starts machine and observes machine operation to reposition work piece, change dies, or adjust machine settings for multiple or successive passes for standard production parts.
- Inspects and measures work.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure work area and equipment are maintained in a clean, safe and orderly condition.
- Maintain established quality standards.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
EDUCATIONAL & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Pre-employment physical
- Pre-employment Hair Follicle Drug screen
- High School diploma or GED
- Use of mathematics, simple use of charts, tables, blue prints and specifications.
- Use of judgement to plan, perform and make decisions as to the setting up of Machining processes within the limits of standard methods or procedures.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Distance vision.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, bend and twist; walk and reach with hands and arms.
WORKING CONDITIONS (ENVIRONMENTAL/SAFETY):
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather);work near moving mechanical parts and work in high, precarious places.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Exposure to process chemicals and plant environment. (Ref. MSDS and Safety Manual)
- Hair Follicle Drug screen.
- Pre-placement physical.
- Pre-placement background check.
- Skills shown under “Educational and Knowledge Requirements”