FLSA status: Non-exempt
Shift: Available as required
Job Title: Blaster I
Operates the shot blasting or sand blasting machines to remove mill scale, rust and other impurities from parts by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Positions work piece onto table or into fixture or with a jib crane.
- Operation of machines to ensure parts are properly blasted.
- Feed shot media or sand media into machine.
- Perform basic preventative maintenance tasks.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments
- Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions
- Follows policies and procedures.
- Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity
- Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly
EDUCATIONAL & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Pre-employment physical
- Pre-employment Drug screen
- High school diploma or GED
EQUIPMENT & MACHINE SKILLS:
- Knowledge of Vantage Manufacturing software knowledge a plus
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus
Frequently required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance.
The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, twist, turn and stoop, kneel, and crouch.
WORKING CONDITIONS (ENVIRONMENTAL/SAFETY):
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to extreme heat (non-weather).
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Exposure to process chemicals and plant environment. (Ref. MSDS and Safety Manual)
- Drug/Alcohol screen.
- Pre-placement physical.
- Pre-placement background check.
- Skills shown under “Educational and Knowledge Requirements"